The MAD Lifestyle
An Interview with Berit Kauffeldt – ToeSox UK & EU Ambassador
posted by: MAD-HQ
An interview with Berit Kauffeldt, ToeSox UK & EU Ambassador, Professional Volleyball Player & Yogini
Aging Gracefully- Benefits of Yoga for the Over 60s
posted by: Jess Walter, Health and Nutrition Writer
We all know that as soon as you reach your senior years, you have somewhat of an excuse to take it easy, yet there are numerous advantages to doing exercise in later life. The aging process and debilitating physical factors such as bone loss can be slowed down if you participate in a regular fitness regime, yet studies show that many adults over 65 spend 10 hours or more being sedentary. Other physical health benefits of fitness for the elderly include the ability to
Useful Equipment for Runners by Dan Chabert from RunnerClick
posted by: Dan Chabert, ultramarathon runner & owner of RunnerClick
It’s kind of funny, really. Running is one of the most accessible and affordable sports out there. It doesn’t require a fancy gym membership, years of personalized and technical instruction, or even all that much equipment, per se. Provided you have a safe place to run -- indoors or outdoors, it doesn’t really matter -- and a pair of shoes to wear, along with an unbridled enthusiasm to get out there and go after your goals -- you’re all set. You can run, you can call yourself a runner, and life is good.
Yoga for a Healthy Spine
posted by: Sally Parkes, currently a key member of HFE's technical expert team
Yoga is an ancient Indian practice that seeks to connect the physical, mental and spiritual dimensions of the body. Derived from the Sanskrit word ‘yuj’, it literally translates to ‘unity of the mind and body with the universal spirit’. The traditional style of this 5000-year-old practice aims to help students overcome a number of physical, mental and spiritual limitations with the goal of realising the self – the ultimate goal of yoga is enlightenment. Traditional yoga is still seen by many to be on the fringe of a religion; however the modern practice is somewhat different from the original linage.
- Economics of owning your own Pilates studio
- Hurts so good! Foam rollers: what are they and why are they so good?
- Melissa Breen: Align-Pilates A2R Reformer User
- Helping Future Olympians
- Setting up a Home Pilates Studio
- Breaking the UK Barriers for Pilates Instructors to offer Pilates apparatus sessions to customers in UK & Europe
- Useful Equipment for Runners by Dan Chabert from RunnerClick
- Aging Gracefully- Benefits of Yoga for the Over 60s
- An Interview with Berit Kauffeldt – ToeSox UK & EU Ambassador
- Melissa Breen - Monday Madness Routine!
- The Pilates Foundation 20th Birthday Weekend
- Yoga for a Healthy Spine