The MAD Lifestyle
Aging Gracefully- Benefits of Yoga for the Over 60s
posted by: Jess Walter, Health and Nutrition Writer
We all know that as soon as you reach your senior years, you have somewhat of an excuse to take it easy, yet there are numerous advantages to doing exercise in later life. The aging process and debilitating physical factors such as bone loss can be slowed down if you participate in a regular fitness regime, yet studies show that many adults over 65 spend 10 hours or more being sedentary. Other physical health benefits of fitness for the elderly include the ability to
An Interview with Berit Kauffeldt – ToeSox UK & EU Ambassador
posted by: MAD-HQ
An interview with Berit Kauffeldt, ToeSox UK & EU Ambassador, Professional Volleyball Player & Yogini
Yoga for a Healthy Spine
posted by: Sally Parkes, currently a key member of HFE's technical expert team
Yoga is an ancient Indian practice that seeks to connect the physical, mental and spiritual dimensions of the body. Derived from the Sanskrit word ‘yuj’, it literally translates to ‘unity of the mind and body with the universal spirit’. The traditional style of this 5000-year-old practice aims to help students overcome a number of physical, mental and spiritual limitations with the goal of realising the self – the ultimate goal of yoga is enlightenment. Traditional yoga is still seen by many to be on the fringe of a religion; however the modern practice is somewhat different from the original linage.
- Economics of owning your own Pilates studio
- Hurts so good! Foam rollers: what are they and why are they so good?
- Melissa Breen: Align-Pilates A2R Reformer User
- Helping Future Olympians
- Setting up a Home Pilates Studio
- Breaking the UK Barriers for Pilates Instructors to offer Pilates apparatus sessions to customers in UK & Europe
- Melissa Breen - Monday Madness Routine!
- Useful Equipment for Runners by Dan Chabert from RunnerClick
- Aging Gracefully- Benefits of Yoga for the Over 60s
- The Pilates Foundation 20th Birthday Weekend
- An Interview with Berit Kauffeldt – ToeSox UK & EU Ambassador
- Yoga for a Healthy Spine